Thursday, March 26, 2009

My body is a temple

That is one of the things that my natural hair journey has helped me to realize. No... scratch that it, it has helped me to REMEMBER that my body is a temple. Yes, that is a better word. Not only am I changing what I put into my body, but I'm being more mindful of how I treat it and the care I take of it.

Last week I began training for a 5k run as a means of exercise, but then I decided to actually enter and run a 5k .... I'm SO excited!! The first day was kinda tough, but after fighting through it (in the rain I might add!) I was THRILLED and so very proud of myself. I'm using the Podrunner Intervals: First Day to 5k program. It can also be directly downloaded from the podcasts section of iTunes and is completely free. Big thank you to AfroAwesome of Nappturality.com for telling me about this!

Check it out! I hope you love it as much as I do.

If you've never run before, or are returning to running after a long hiatus, this series is designed to take you from your first day to a full 5K (3.2-mile) run in just 9 weeks (plus a bonus "graduation mix").


...now to buy new running shoes.


Photobucket
Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment